Insuring Locally, Thinking Globally
Madison Mutual is a small, local insurance company committed to quality in New York State since 1893. Although we are a small company, we are committed to excellence in the greater insurance industry. Employees are asked to continue their education in the insurance field through short classes and webinars. This ensures that Madison Mutual stays current with the market and trends in the industry. Join our team if you are looking for a work environment that won’t let you fall behind in your industry!
Claims Specialist with a property focus
If you are an experienced, talented, and committed Claims Professional with strong technical knowledge of property claims and are looking for an opportunity to work at a carrier where you can do more, look no further. Madison Mutual Insurance Company is looking for the right team member with the drive and desire to do reinsurance, subrogation, property claims, company operations and more. We are small, and we do it all!
For this full-time position we provide a competitive salary (based on experience), healthcare benefits, wonderful working environment, tuition reimbursement, a 401K plan and more. If you are an energetic, forward-thinking problem solver; come join our team shaping the future of this company.
Candidates interested in applying for this position may inquire by:
- Mail - send a resume and cover letter to PO Box, 357, Chittenango, NY 13037-0357
- Email - send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
About the job:
A qualified candidate is expected to possess experience navigating the challenges of complex claim situations, understand and comply with rigorous New York State regulations, and collaborate with others to develop and achieve business goals. Candidates will have, or pursue, industry designations (AIC-M, CPCU). Professional growth is strongly encouraged and financially supported.
What you'd be doing:
- Handling/managing all levels of personal and commercial lines property losses (no auto).
- Assist our policyholders with compassion and empathy through the financial and emotional distress of a loss.
- Work with and direct independent adjusters on behalf of the company.
- Work with and direct outside legal counsel as needed.
- Report reinsured losses to reinsurers when appropriate.
- Pursuit of subrogation recovery when applicable.
- Provide superior customer service that meets or exceeds policyholder expectations.
- Analyze problematic trends and work with management to avoid recurrence.
- Report claims figures to management and directors.
- Coverage form review and responding to coverage inquiries from co-workers and agents.
- Promote a culture committed to identifying process efficiencies and to continuously improve how work is completed.
- Ensure claim handling meets or exceeds quality and regulatory requirements.
- All other duties as may arise.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of property claims experience
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of NYS regulations
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of construction and repair methodologies
- Occasional travel
Preferred candidates may also have:
- Catastrophe claim handling experience
- Vendor management experience
- Professional designations
“Don’t pick a job with great vacation time. Pick one that doesn’t need escaping from.”